Friday, October 22, 2010

Blessed

Today, I sit on the futon in my dorm room, that I now call home, & begin my first ever blog. As I sit here & think of this past year, I remember Virginia, Georgia, Colorado, Kansas, North Africa, & my hometown of Boston! It blows my mind to see how God has placed me in each of these parts of the world for a specific & intentional reason that was unknown to me at the time, but looking back, I learned more in this year than I ever dreamed. I met life long friends, grew in grace, stature, & love with the Lord, & was challenged by experiences that have grown me immensly. I guess that you could say I am starting this blog so that the people who I am unable to see day-to-day can have the opportunity to see where the Lord will be taking this 'Girl on the Move' next! There are most definately people that I miss from each & every place I have been, but I have learned that you cannot say 'Hello' until you have said 'Goodbye'. I have also learned that there are some people the Lord places in your life for only a certain season simply for you to learn from them & grow in yourself.

Tomorrow begins the next stop in my traveling as I will be waking up before the sun at 4:15 am to leave for Maryland to be a part of the 'Tour of Hope', which was started by Noel Brewer Yeatts. This one day, 9-4 women's conference invites young women to be challenged & empowered to change the world. I am stoked to go & hear from women who have already impacted this world & learn from their wisdom of how to practically do just that.

As exciting as Maryland will be tomorrow, my heart is set on something in December that will rock my world. I have been presented with the opportunity to spend two weeks in India with a team of 13 others. We will be leaving December 28th & be returning January 14th. I simply ask that you would be in constant prayer for my team & the people of India as the country of India is one of the most, if not the most, unreached places in the WORLD. I also do need alot of financial support. Our first deadline for finances is November 1st of 500$. I know & trust that the Lord will provide & He is SOO much bigger than ANY amount of money that I could ever need. If you would like to support me financially, please visit:

http://www.luglobal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=151&Itemid=186

I would greatly appreciate you partnering with me on this mission to serve the Lord in India! Well, my bed is calling my name loud & clear for a much needed nap! Goodnight! 1 Peter 4:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment